zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why is it that between 2-5pm i can't stay awake, but 12:31am finds me wide awake and pining to be sleepy?

today i made the mistake of starting j's homework by reading - laying on the floor. we made it thru several pages, booklets and sight words without catching any winks. it was the fluency practice that got me. i start reading random words, pausing too long and my kids automatically assume i am falling asleep - they right 99.9% of the time - they used to get mad and shake me awake, now they just wait or go play. i think it is no coincidence that this all started about 6 years, 7 months and 8 days ago...

ju got my full attention because it's difficult to sleep thru a 1st grader crying and pounding her fist because she wants to play outside instead of read, we all have dreams sweetie!

Comments